Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God sleeps in Rwanda

This film was very touching and at times hard to listen to. Hearing a woman genocide survivor talking about how terrible that travesty was gave me the viewer a great deal of sadness. Hearing her talk about almost aborting her child because she was one the militiamen, almost brought tears to my eyes because they showed the little girl playing and alive. The film was very interesting and taught me a lot of things. I didn't know that a woman was in charge of part of the raping's of during the genocide, how sick. The main scene that got me was when the documentary showed Fifi dying of AIDS. Seeing someone on their death bed, fighting for their life is way too hard for me to watch. I think this was a really good documentary and brought to light problems that we don't have to deal with, and made me a lot more appreciative of the life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment